DIY Shot Booking

Hi, everyone! 

Today I wanted to share with you a cool scrapbooking idea that some of my friends and I do.  We make shot book pages.  What's a shot book you may ask?  A shot book is a scrapbook that a group of friends make that go towards one friend that is getting ready to celebrate their 21st.  It's fun because you're helping contribute, while coming up with fun and creative ideas when you're scrapbooking. 

Here are a couple of pages I have done for two of my friends who have recently turned 21.


 
I think they turned out fantastic!  I enjoy scrapbooking and the fact that I can create a page for someone else to enjoy makes me happy, too.  For the top one, I had some bottle caps that I glued butterflies and flowers on top as well as gluing gems, flowers, and ribbon throughout.  The bottom one I had the idea of creating little shot glass with colored cardstock.  I also had a "polaroid" frame from my SMASH book accessories that I glued halfway onto the page so that later she can insert a picture from her birthday night.
 
Shot book pages usually have about 4 or 5 spaces for a person to fill in.  It basically documents each shot that they take.  It involves: S - shot, T - time, W- where (location / bar), F - from (who bought the shot), and X - birthday girl's signature.  I've seen other pages people have done on pinterest and each person has their own way of phrasing it that it different than how I did it, but the overall concept is the same.  In the finished book, some people even put money in some of the pages so that the birthday girl has money to buy her drinks.
 
I'm personally not big on drinking, but this is still a fun way of helping celebrate someone's 21st and knowing that they had fun on their birthday.  I also wanted to share with you some other pages I liked that other people have done in case you would want some inspiration to make your own.
 




If you're not interesting in making one of your own, that's ok, but hopefully you had fun reading this post today.  Maybe it even gave you some inspiration for your own scrapbooking pages you want to create. 

Since I mentioned a SMASH book earlier and you haven't read that post, you can go to it by clicking ------> here!

Have a great day! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment