Pecha Kucha Presentation Inspiration

Hi everyone!

Lately in my Visual Communications class, we have been working on what is known as a Pecha Kucha Presentation.  This is an oral presentation that consists of 20 slides, each slide lasting 20 seconds for a total of 6 minutes and 40 seconds.  Our main topic had to focus on our beliefs and thoughts on what we think about design.

During class, we had viewed some examples of Pecha Kuchas by other people in order to build a foundation for what we would need to incorporate in our own presentations.  For example, some people had talked about a project they had worked on, how various parts of business and taking care of your employees is beneficial, or some people's views on why they had made certain pieces of art.

Since I am a Photo Media major, I had wanted to focus my manifesto on photography and my beliefs on it.  Typically the impression of photography is that you have a fancy camera and can take a picture by pressing a button.  Yes...and no.  I wanted to talk to my audience about how I believe that photography is more than that and should be considered more as an art form in society.

This is mostly influenced by the fact that majority of my childhood was not spent playing board games and such, it was spent with my mother making crafts.  For example, one Christmas we had taken styrofoam, put paper mache on the styrofoam shapes and painted them so that we could then use them as ornaments.  The same goes for when I had first discovered my mother's camera and attempted to make stop-motion movies with the film.  It had taught me that art can be made with any medium and that includes a photographic medium.

As I point out in my design manifesto, I briefly discuss how others paint, draw, or build their art.  I make photographs.  My work is not solely focused on trying to communicate one simple message to an audience like design does, but rather, it is a result of something I had wanted to make for myself to enjoy.  However, if people like my work, then they should be more than able to see it as well.

I hadn't posted on here and started to feel a little bad, so I posted about a project we are currently working on.

P.S. I have been working on a DIY craft, so I will be putting up a post on that for you guys to look forward to.

Happy Holidays!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment