Bring in the New Year - With a Brownie!

Hi!  I hope everyone's holidays were great.  Mine sure were.  I love being able to spend quality time with my friends and family over winter break.  The difficult part is trying not to pig out on all of the delicious food! 
 
Now that those times are over, I was wanting to share with you how I brought in the New Year of 2014.  Wow, time sure does fly by when you're having fun.  I don't know if you have ever been to an Antique Mall, but I went with my mother the other day and I was certain I was not going to find anything worth buying.  However, despite my disbelief, one of the featured booths had old photography accessories of sorts.
 
I found a brown bag that I thought would be good for keeping my Canon in.  I opened it and discovered that there was actually a Kodak Movie Camera inside.  I was excited and obviously had to get it.  I kept searching through items becoming doubtful if the Movie Camera would be the only thing I would end up bringing home.
 

 
My mother grabbed a large yellow box and asked if I knew what it was.  I saw that it had "Brownie" displayed on top of it and automatically freaked out.  In case you don't know what a Brownie is, it was one of the first cameras manufactured by Kodak and was widely accessible by the public.  I learned about these in my Understanding Photos and History of Photography classes.  I had always wondered what it would be like to use one, but I never imagined I would actually own one someday.  In regards to the one I have, it isn't one of the earlier models, but a Hawkeye Flash model.  So it also includes an attachable flash as you can see in the picture below.

 
For even better news, I did some research and they still make film for these cameras.  How exciting is that!  I assumed since they are fairly out-of-date the film for them would be discontinued.  Since the film is still accessible, that obviously means that I have to try this out and see what kind of photographs I can make.  Once I finally do, I'll be sure to keep you posted.
 
Once again, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.  Make it a good one! 
 
Happy shooting!  xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment